I love sites that feature easy ways to create entertaining Halloween costumes that don't require a huge investment of time or money. Here's a list of places you can find some good ideas (and a couple of my own ideas for ya):
1. I suggest going as The Fashion Police- you can dress up as a police officer (or just a well dressed person) and carry- and issue- Fashion Citations:
2. The Fashion Police has ideas for Fashion Victim and Fashion Criminal and Fashion Blogger.
3. Thread NY has 10 fashion-forward ideas for you. Think Katy Perry, Snooki, and Tavi.
4. College Fashion also has some fashion-y suggestions that are easy on the budget. Here's another of their lists.
5. These fashion icon-inspired ideas from Teen Vogue are fun- Karl Lagerfeld, Rachel Zoe, and Victoria Beckham are on the list.
6. Fashion Bomb Daily also has some good ones.
7. Shine has a long list of easy (and yes, pretty cheesy) costume ideas.
8. You can always rely on Real Simple to help you "see what you can make with a clear umbrella and party streamers."
9. Cat: throw on black sweats, then add a black choker for a collar, a headband with ears, and a bendy pipe cleaner-type tail.
10. Here's another site full of easy & silly costumes, including this one: "Get an old box. Cut a hole for your head. Attach book, tissue box, and lamp. What are you? A One Night Stand!"
11. This site shows real life pics of some easy costume ideas.
12. Yep, Real Simple has another group of ideas, including "gold digger" and "time flies."
13. Some DIY kid costumes that could be translated for adults.