Wednesday, June 1, 2011

June Shopping Ban


My May Shopping Ban was a success!  Not only did I BARELY cheat (for the -too-good-to-pass-up Kate Spade wallet; for 3 pink tees from Old Navy for the Susan G. Komen 3 Day; and a sweet little belt for $15.50), but I started to think a lot more rationally about what I was buying and why.  Before I added anything to my virtual cart, I was forced to stop and think.  Which apparently I wasn't doing much before. 

And no, I am not counting my Stella & Dot jewelry because I earned all my pieces for free by hosting a trunk show and the two things I did purchase were for someone else.

Because the May ban was such a success for me, I am continuing the ban in June.  Same rules, one guilt-free cheat item.  This time, I most likely will actually get the red patent leather pointy toed flats I have been eyeing.

My clothes/shoes/bags/jewelry shopping ban is in part because I am trying to cut back my unnecessary spending and be more conscientious about what I buy, but also because I am officially a homeowner now.  And yes, I want to buy house stuff.  Lots of it.  I hope you'll pardon me when a decorating item or six sneaks into my posts now and then, like the What's The Diff post from yesterday...

Did you do the May ban?  How was it for you?  Would you consider doing it again? 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you seen these pointy red toe flats. They are katespade and they just tweeted and tumbled about them today.

http://www.katespade.com/designer-shoes/womens-flats/elena/S152734R,default,pd.html?dwvar_S152734R_color=610&start=2&cgid=kate-spade&q=Elena&navid=search