Saturday, June 11, 2011
No, Moving is Not an Excuse to Look Crazy
Moving day is fast approaching. Up to this point, S and I have been bringing over the smaller, breakable stuff on our own. Which means multiple trips up and down the stairs, across the bay, and into the new place. And so I have to contemplate what to wear for each day of moving, all while knowing I could run into new neighbors at any time.
Here are a few things I keep in mind when moving:
1. Sleeveless is my friend. Just because it's cool in one place doesn't mean it's not hot as hell in the other.
2. Ditto dark jeans. After pulling, pushing, and dragging two 8x11 rugs up from the backyard and into the new house (which includes some stairs), I no longer believe my light wash trouser jeans were my best choice.
3. Not my friend? Low rise jeans. Too much bending down to ensure I'm not flashing a neighbor at all times.
4. Ditto my giant handbag. I love her, but damn, she's annoying to carry everywhere when my hands are full of 20 other things.
5. Since I refuse to wear sneakers when not deliberately exercising, flats are a no-brainer. Have you ever tried to haul stuff in (even very low) wedges? Don't.
6. Make up isn't even kind of an option when I am all gross, so I can at least have my hair not look insane. It takes less time (for me, at least) to deal with my hair than make up, anyway.
7. No jewelry that could even possibly get in the way! I learned this the hard way by wearing a giant cocktail ring while trying to drag a rug in. Never. Again.
That's it for now- round 438 is about to begin.