Saturday, September 6, 2008

Let it ride


I have been on a quest for underwear that does not ride up my arse for some time. I think I have found them, but since I fear that calling them THE solution to my arse-riding issue will jinx me and thus condemn me to a life of wedgies, I will simply say that I seem to have found what I'm looking for. Sorry Bono.





I ordered 7 pairs of the Vanishing Edge panties from Soma Intimates (somaintimates.com). I tried the hipster, the bikini, and the boy shorts. The secret is apparently several small bands of rubber/elastic/whatever aroud the inside of the leg openings. This sounds less comfy than it actually is, I swear.

Here are my (very personal) thoughts:

I love the boy short. It doesn't ride up and I feel like if a wear a dress on a breezy day, I won't be flashing every schmoe on the street. I will be ordering several more pairs immediately, in every color. If they don't work with pants, trust me, I will let you know.

The hipster is great. I felt secure that everything was, ahem, contained and I wasn't exposing some sort of hideous panty line. This comes with a caveat though- make sure you are wear a size that actually fits. No panty-line free undie in the world will work if it's too small for you. I typically wear medium and I ordered everything in large, which was perfect.

The bikini is also great. I have the worst time with bikini underwear riding and these stayed in place all day. Woo hoo.

Needless to say, now that I have Soma Intimates in my life, I will not be returning to Victoria's Secret any time soon.

P.S. I will test and review other products for you from time to time. Next up: Zakkers- a way to keep long pants from dragging on the ground during your commute. Sounds weird, but I think they work...

1 comment:

e dub said...

i find reading about your undies to be strangely enjoyable. haha. now when i see you i will ask myself which type you have on. is that weird?