Thursday, September 4, 2008

Off-white after Labor Day

(I wore this on Tuesday, if you are keeping track.)

I don't buy into the outmoded notion that you shouldn't wear certain colors during certain seasons. I DO approve of taking into account the weather and season generally when deciding on which fabric texture, weight, and color to wear.

If you've got a September BBQ to attend and it's a sunny day, wear those fabulous white flats! But if it's freezing by October, maybe save the open-toed sandels for another time.

Outfit details: Dress, Laundry. Cami, Banana Republic. Shoes, Vince Camuto.

Why it works: One, it was hot, so this had just enough sleeve to not be sleeveless in the office, but short enough so I wasn't sweltering. Two, a little peep toe never hurt anyone, especially when you have an awesome pedicure, like moi.

What it needs: I always feel a little nekked without a cocktail ring...

Dress it up: Add bangles and some stilettos.

Dress it down: Flats, baby.

No comments: