Monday, February 8, 2010

What's the Diff?

This is a new feature wherein I talk about whether there's really a difference between a designer piece and its identical knock off.  Feel free to send me pieces to chat about.

First up: Some satin evening shoes.
This is The Real Thing: Stuart Weitzman Gigritz "evening sandal" for $298.
This is The Big Fake: VANELi Madora pump for $99.95.

What's the diff?  Well, besides the heel, which is slightly more tapered on the Stuart, not a damn thing.  I don't have a preference between the two, since I really can't tell them apart.  If I were getting a pair, I'd probably get the cheaper version, as long as they are comfortable.  For one thing, they are so light, they will show the slightest wear.  So if I'm gonna trash a pair of shoes, I'd rather it not be a $300 pair.

Thoughts/comments/musings?

1 comment:

e dub said...

i enjoy this new segment! i want to see more comparisons as i'm really broke :)