Monday, April 18, 2011

New Purchase! Kate Moss for Longchamp Clutch

I would be remiss if I didn't share with you my Vegas purchase.

I happened upon my amazing handbag while helping li'l sis select her Longchamp tote for spring and summer.  We found it:
(Isn't it cute and fun and cheerful?)

But the very first thing I saw when I stepped into the store was this:
This is one of the limited edition designs from Kate Moss for Longchamp. (You can view the entire Neo Patch design collection here.)

This was a gut reaction, people.  I saw it and fell hard.  The color combo gives it a vaguely 70s vibe, the detailed craftsmanship was evident, and it was in a glass case, like a beacon of richness and sophistication in a sea of bright florals and preppy totes.

(For the record, I'm not knocking the Longchamp classics; I have one myself and love it.)

But it wasn't JUST an impulse purchase.  I also considered how I'd use it and with what.  It's the perfect size for a clutch, because it will actually hold a phone, lipstick, keys, etc.  And I can use it for day or evening.  And frankly, it will go with so much of my wardrobe it's not even funny. 

And so it came home with me and my Vegas hangover.  Now I'm off to take a 10-12 hour nap.

No comments: