Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Just a VISION in neutrals...

There are some people who can work neutrals like a tranny on a catwalk. Others use them as a lousy excuse for an outfit (do I have to mention the black suit and beige top again?!). I love neutrals, on their own or paired with other colors.

Outfit details: Top, Bloomies. Skirt, Banana. Shoes, Vince Camutto. Bangles, Ambience. Necklace, H&M.

Why it works: A subdued color palette almost always works for the office. The puffy-sleeved feminine top balances out a more tailored straight skirt. The wide waistband hides a tummy (note to my trainer: I'm working on it, I swear). The peep toed shoes are just a teeny bit sexy, which is usually fine at work, especially in a neutral.

What it needs: Thank god for accessories. This outfit would be pretty boring without something shiny or colorful. I went for shiny.

Dress it up: Throw on a structured (read: NOT BOXY) jacket in a coordinating neutral, and you have summer interview or business meeting material.

Dress it down: Bolder accessories or flats could take this to the weekend.

I will wear some color in my next one, I promise.

No comments: