Thursday, July 31, 2008

Red at the Office


Outfit details: Dress, Three Dots; tights, DKNY; Vince Camuto
Why it works: Red is my color, obviously. And red at the office can work, if you keep in mind a couple of things:
a) Red is a powerful color, so it will dominate whatever you have on; don't wear anything else that will compete with it, like animal print or another bright color;
b) red with neutrals is always a good office look- here, the grey tights and black shoes compliment the dress, but don't distract from it; and
c) fit is everything- this dress fits wells, gives me a (faux) waist, and hits at the knee.
What it needs: I think it's perfect the way it is. Jewelry would been to distracting or just get lost.
Dress it up: change shoes and add a cocktail ring.
Dress it down: switch out the tights and heels for flats and a bare leg.
This dress is a great transitional piece; I am wearing to an event I am attending tonight, and it will be just as great there as at the office!
P.S. All photos of me are courtesy of Sean, amateur photographer extraordinaire.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Can I just say how funny it is that you are wearing tights in July and August?? Now that I live in the land of heat and humidity I can't even imagine!! That said - I of course love the DKNY tights and swear by them ever since you brought them into my life!! : )

(Nice job on the pix Sean!)